The web is moving to mobile and with that so goes the need to manage your website projects on the go. Below are 15 iPhone applications that will allow you to be a more productive website designer or administrator even when you are away from the office.
- Ego: If you have your own websites and have to check the traffic on them, then this application is for you. It allows you to check the web statistics whenever you want in very less time.
- WhatTheFont: This app has the ability to recognize various different fonts from text as well as images! If you have an image of a font, this app will recognize it and make it available for you to use.
- FTP on The Go: Using this application, you can make changes to your websites and edit stuff on your FTP server through your iPhone.
- ZeptoPad: This app is very useful for graphics designers when they have to create something in a matter of minutes and seconds. This application allows you to create vector images by drawing through your finger on the touch screen. You can even add different colors and effects on those created images.
- CSS Cheatsheet: This app is for coders and developers and provides references and tutorials to CSS.
- ProSEO: This application is a very useful if you want to check the traffic coming to your domain. This app provides SEO features through which you can determine the keywords through which search engines divert traffic to your website so that you can use this information to improve your ranking.
- WorkTimer: This app will keep track of the amount of time you spend on various projects that you are working on. So you can put your mind to your projects and let this application do all the time related work.
- CliqCliq Colours: Using this application, designers can select any particular color and convert it to various shades. You can choose any color from any content and use it in any way.
- Analytics: This application is similar to the Ego app since it allows users to analyze the traffic and statistics. It also allows the user to view Google Analytics reports to make his analysis even better.
- PhotoBucket: This app allows users to keep a track of all photos of yourself and your friends so that they can be available with just a touch to be used.
- Ping: This application is a must for the designers who want to check their servers’ response times. This app can be used whenever and wherever you are in quick and easy steps.
- Dexigner: This application brings designing related news to your mobile without your even knowing! You can keep up to date with this news and read all this content whenever you have time.
- Source Viewer: Ever miss viewing the source of websites that you like while surfing through your mobile? That is not an issue anymore. With this app, you can view the html and css source of any webpage you are viewing.
- Database Viewer: With this application, you can view any type of database whether it is SQL, MS Access or MS Excel on your iPhone.
- Palettes: This application is very useful for graphics designers. You are checking something online with your iPhone and you like the color scheme of a particular image or page. Using this app, you can create a palette of all those colors and export them to Photoshop or any other graphics designer software.
If you are a web developer or website administrator constantly on the move you now have access to a plethora of mobile applications that will help you supplement your task regardless of where you are. Utilizing these applications are just one step twords increasing your efficiency and effectiveness.